Monday, June 25, 2012

Blessings From a Friend

Saturday morning I got up at 5:00 am and got ready for the day.  My husband, son, and I headed to Wildwood. My husband and Dad were putting a drain field in for a brother in Christ.  I went to breakfast with my friend Heather. We met for breakfast at 7:30 in the morning. I have mentioned Heather in other posts, we met about 6 years ago when we moved to Wildwood. We have both moved from there now. But we talk almost every day. Since we would both be there on Saturday we decided having breakfast would be fun.

I think it is so wonderful to get an hour or two to spend  with a friend and visit with out distractions. And, that is just what we did. Heather brought me a birthday gift as well.

A Basket filled with goodies... this is a necklace she bought me at a place called "junk in the trunk"... How cute is that?

Heather and I are kindred spirits and never mind if we give each other second hand gifts. We actually prefer them! This is a handmade pin cushion.

She gave me a book, little notebooks, and pens to carry in my purse. I can always use these.

Isn't this the cutest little quilted purse.

This is my favorite thing... she made this for me. It is a blessing book.

She had told me that every night, before she goes to bed, she writes down the things that she is thankful for.

Now I have a blessing book and I can do the same!

She put my initials in the back of the book. It is soooo pretty and done in my favorite colors and flowers.

This is a trivet from 1951. It is called family tree. Because we planned this so early it didn't effect our family in any way. We had a great time and were back before they could miss us. Thank you Heather for all of the beautiful gifts and for buying my breakfast. You have truly been a blessing to me.  I hope all of you have a blessed day!

xoxo,
Amy Jo


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy Jo: Enjoy your time with your close friends. I just lost one of mine and I am so glad we had the time together..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet gifts from your friend! Glad you were able to spend some time with her.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments......They mean so much to me!!!