Friday, October 7, 2011

Feminine Friday

On this fabulous feminine friday, I thought I would share a few pictures of women in the last century. The above picture is of women during the roaring 1920's.

This was during the more frugal and depressed 1930's. Women at home making due with what they had. Such a beautiful thing.
These are some women playing cards during the 1940's, a lot of women went to work outside the home at this time due to the war. It was a sad time for the American home front.

Lastly, my favorite the 1950's. Most mom's were at home serving their families. I know that it was not a perfect time. But, I do feel like it was the last generation that the family was for the most part (meaning the majority) still intact. It gives an ideal to strive for, not perfection, but at least a higher plain than what we see today.


Blessings to you today,
Amy Jo

5 comments:

  1. These were some interesting pictures.

    The style of dresses during the 1920's surely were unique. I enjoyed the last picture as well. It reminds me of the attitude I need to have as my calling as a Homemaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post here! I agree with you fully on the history..so sad..so many "make fun" of the 50's and the whole, "You can't have Leave It To Beaver", and life wasn't like that. As far as I have heard from anyone who grew up in that generation, that's exactly what life WAS.

    I am so sad we have lost it all, as well. I suppose then the best way to tackle that issue, is to keep biblical family principles alive and well in our own homes.

    God Bless you much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy Jo,
    I always enjoy your blog updates, and esp. the Feminine Friday posts. I might have to join in some day. :)
    Blessings to you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this pictures, they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all of your sweet comments. They mean a lot...

    Blessings to you all,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments......They mean so much to me!!!