Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Project Reveal

Well I officially dislike burlap! At least sewing burlap...
I decided to make a little make- up case and I had the brilliant idea of using burlap.

It isn't as easy as I thought it would be... It wanted to shred and come apart.  I looked like I had been bailing hay for a while.

This is the finished bag... When I make more of these I will use cotton :)!
Did you all have a good weekend?  Mine was busy. We visited my parents.  Mom and I shopped at antique malls and thrift stores....our favorite thing to do... I got a few good things. I will share later.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

5 comments:

  1. That turned out really cute--very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty cute!!!

    Thank you for your visit and kind words.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy Jo. Your little make-up bag is so sweet no matter how hard it was. I have only made a lampshade out of burlap and that was just gluing and that was messy but I have never tried to sew it. I have just used drop cloths and they are really nice to sew on but could be too heavy for a project like yours..Thanks for you sweet comments to me..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, your finished product turned out beautiful, even if it was a painful process. I have sworn off using embroidery floss with little sparkly strands in them, for the same reason -- they kind of shred and make projects way less fun. Happy crafting :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments......They mean so much to me!!!