Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Summer 2020


Sweet summer time!! We are plugging along in this strange world... it’s been one thing and another all of 2020. There hasn’t been so much sunshine this year.. and I mean that figuratively.  We have had plenty of real sunshine... I mean this is after all the sunshine state. 



On July 24th my husband’s dad passed away suddenly without expecting that anything was wrong. He went to the convenient store walked outside talked to a friend a few minutes walked to his truck and just slipped away.... just like that. In some ways that was a blessing. He didn’t suffer. He wasn’t ever a burden to anyone. He was just gone. I think I would be happy if I get to leave this world in such a way. He will be missed. 




I found this pretty dress at Target last month. It’s so comfortable and has a soft fabric that is just wonderful. 



Target always has the most beautiful things. At such affordable prices. The flip flops I’m wearing don’t look like much but they are so comfortable!! I have had some foot problems lately and I was looking for a comfortable flip flop with arch support and found these Archies. They are made by a podiatrist in Australia. I now have 3 pairs and wear them everywhere. My feet haven’t hurt since owning them. I can’t stand closed toed shoes unless it’s cold outside and that’s not to often here. 


Hubby bought me this beautiful luggage and I’ve been so happy with it. We have went on several trips since getting it and I have loved the lightweight feeling of it and the organization it offers. It’s called AWAY luggage, if you are interested.



In other news I have been eating more of a plant based diet lately... and so far so good. I’ve been enjoying it. A really good book on the subject is called the Starch Solution. I haven’t finished it yet but so far it’s been enlightening.  



I have been sautéing veggies in vegetable broth and they are so yummy. Eating baked potatoes and squash, corn, beans and rice... and it’s all so good!! I’ve also been making a delicious green smoothie. I still haven’t given up chocolate which I realize is the worse thing about my diet. If I can eliminate that... I will be doing good. I’m on my way to elimination... ha!



This book was recommended by a friend. I can’t wait to try some recipes out of it. Speaking of recipes, it’s time for dinner!! Until next time,

XOXO,
Amy Joleen 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments......They mean so much to me!!!