Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Chair Make Over

A few months ago I went to Goodwill on one of my early morning trips, When I happened upon the ugliest, yet cutest chair.....

Now I warned you! It is ugly yet cute.....I thought to myself it is so small and comfortable, maybe I can transform it. For 14.99 if it doesn't work out I can suffer the loss...
I went on ebay and found these darling curtains for 20.00. I bought them to recover the chair. I have to admit though when they arrived I was having a hard time thinking about cutting them. They were in mint condition. But at last  the chair prevailed and I cut them.....
I painted the chair first. Then I recovered the cushions. Next I took off the old skirt and replicated it, using the curtain fabric.  Lastly I took an old slip that had came apart and used the bottom of it to make a longer skirt... I just love the way it turned out.
 So here it is! The ugly, now cute chair.... What do you think?
Until We Meet Again,
Amy Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments......They mean so much to me!!!