Friday, January 20, 2012
Completely Vegan Vegetable Soup
4 large carrots
4 celery stalks
1/4 medium onion
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
vegetable bouillon cubes
1 1/2 cups of macaroni noodles ( I used quinoa)
2 tspns basil
2 tspns oregano
1 tspn thyme
1 to 2 tablespoons sugar ( I used turbinado sugar)
2 tspns salt
1/2 to 1 tspn pepper
1 can green beans
1. chop carrots, celery, onions, and garlic. Set aside
2. Heat water on medium in a deep pot add vegetable bouillon and stir to disolve.
3. Add chopped vegetables, crushed tomatoes, garlic, and macaroni to water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
4. Add seasonings stir well.
5. Cover and leave on medium heat for one hour, stirring occasionally.
6. Add green beans and cook 15 minutes more.
This recipe makes a lot. We thought it was good. We added mushrooms as well. You could really play with this recipe and make it with any vegetable you wanted. If you didn't want it to be vegan you could add beef or chicken.