Thursday, January 5, 2012

How To Make A Beautiful Storage Box

Today I thought I would show you how to make a beautiful storage box.  I made this one years ago... I got the idea from a Joanne fabrics calendar.  You start with a cardboard storage box of your choice.  Acrylic paints in the colors of your choice. I used opaque and old parchment.  You will also need a sheet of paper  to cover the top of the box. I used scrapbook paper. You could just sponge the top if you wanted.

Using Modge Podge I glued the paper to the top of the box and exacto knifed off the edges.

Then using a natural sea sponge. I sponged all around the bottom of the box.

Then I took ribbon and hot glued it around the edge of the top. I added buttons to give it extra appeal.

To add a handle I took a heavier gauge wire and poked to holes in the top of the box.  I added pearl bead to it. and formed it in the  shape I wanted. This is the not on the under side.

Then came the fun part adding the buttons to the top. I glued and glued. I did do this randomly. You could do it however you choose.

This is a close up of the handle.


This is my finished box. You could make this as a gift box as well.  Because I did this so long ago I didn't have the opportunity to show each step with pictures. But, if you have any questions feel free to contact me....

Blessings,
Amy Jo

2 comments:

I love reading your comments......They mean so much to me!!!