Monday, November 14, 2011

One of "Those" Days

Have you ever had one of "those" days? This morning I woke up and it seemed,  it was going to be one of "those" days. I started praying but it felt like I was talking to a wall. Like no one was listening. Have you ever felt like God wasn't listening? I thought " Just get up put on a happy face and a good attitude and move on with your day."

Fast forward an hour and a half. Time to wake my son. And he wakes on the wrong side of the bed, so to speak. He doesn't want to do school work. Well, what's a mother to do? Of course I tell him "that's to bad" and point out the benefits of getting the most important things accomplished early.

As I make this little boy's breakfast, I think God I have him and remember that God hasn't moved. He is right there waiting to hear from me, even if I don't feel like He is. I ask God to help us think on all the lovely things, I thank Him for all of our blessings and ask for forgiveness for a wrong attitude, and then I try to be the best example I can. With a smile and a word of encouragement, me and a precious little boy start our day......


Blessings,
Amy Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments......They mean so much to me!!!