Thursday, May 12, 2011

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies

Today I wanted to share one of my families favorite recipes. This is healthier than traditional peanut butter cookies. Whenever I can I try to think of healthy alternatives to the junk food we so often eat. This is so simple.

Ingredients:

1/2 C. butter, softened                                    1 C.  whole wheat flour
1/2 C. peanut butter                                        1 t. baking soda
1/2 C. packed brown sugar                             1/2 /c dry milk powder
1 egg                                                               1/2 t. vanilla


This is what whole wheat berries look like before grinding, The ultimate goal is to grind your own grain. You get all of the vitamins and minerals out of the wheat when it is freshly ground. If you can't grind your own you can buy whole wheat flour.
This is what freshly ground wheat looks like.
Cream butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar in mixing bowl.
Add egg and vanilla: mix well.
Stir in flour, soda, and dry milk powder.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet; flatten with fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
They are so GOOD!
If your really good I add a kiss :)

Until We Meet Again
Amy Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments......They mean so much to me!!!