Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Treasures on My Birthday...

Father's Day was also my birthday. My mother-in-law and Aunt -in-law were going to be out of town so they had us over the Sunday before my birthday. After church we went over and had a big lunch. Complete with ice cream cake... Here are the cards they got me. And they gave me money. What girl doesn't like that?

Over the weekend when we went to the antique stores I found a few treasures with the money. One of the treasures was this little book. Home Sweet Home by J.H. Payne.

This is the inscription inside the book.

It reads: Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, be it ever so humble there's no place like home. A charm from the skies seems to hallow us there, which seek thro' the world is ne'er met with elsewhere. Home! Home! Sweet, sweet home! There's no place like home! There's no place like home! An exile from home, splendor dazzles in vain: Oh! give me my lowly thatched cottage again. The birds singing gayly, that come to my call, Give me them, with the peace of mind dearer than all. How sweet 'tis to sit 'neath a fond father's smile. And the cares of a mother to soothe and beguile!

Let others delight mid new pleasures to roam. But give, oh! give me the pleasures of home! To thee I'll return overburdened with care: The heart's dearest solace will smile on me there. No more from that cottage again will I roam: Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. Home! Home! Sweet sweet home! There's no place like home! There's no place like home!

I also got this pastel rooster. I never come across these in the pastel colors.

My Mother got me this vintage bed jacket. Isn't it so pretty?

While I am sharing I thought I would show you this beautiful apron I got on ebay.

My husband bought me this anklet for my birthday. This is very unusual, he never buys me jewelry so I was shocked at this gift. This is only the second piece of jewelry he has bought me aside from my wedding ring. And we have been together for 20 years.

If you are still here, Romantic Country came in the mail box a few days ago.... If you aren't a subscriber you may want to check it out. This is my absolute favorite magazine. This issue did not disappoint.  Blessings to you all...

xoxo,
Amy Jo

4 comments:

  1. Your apron is so pretty! I have yet to see the new Romantic Country--now I am anxious to get it. Anklets are my favorite piece of jewerly. How nice of your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What charming and sweet goodies you received for your birthday! The bed jacket and the apron were my favorite. I've never had an ankle bracelet before. I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amy Jo,
    I want to wish you a very Happy (and belated) Birthday!
    Oh, such lovely treasures. The book is simply wonderful and that is such a pretty bed jacket. I have never seen a pastel rooster ~ I love him.
    The ankle bracelet is very pretty too ~ what a sweet gift!
    I just picked up the new Romantic Country ~ it has taken the place in my heart of Romantic Homes Magazine.
    Hugs))
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes!!! You all bless me so much.

    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments......They mean so much to me!!!